BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Fil-Am Kihei Clark wins NBTC All-Star Game MVP



Fil-Am Kihei Clark wins NBTC All-Star Game MVP
by rick olivares

Fil-American Kihei Clark came out of nowhere to led Team Heart to a 99-91 victory over Team Hustle in the 2018 SM-NBTC Division One High School All-Star Game at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City.


Clark, who hails from Los Angeles, California and is headed for Virginia in the Atlantic Coast Conference, scored 13 points, grabbed seven rebounds, and dished off six assists in a scintillating performance that overshadowed FilAm Sports USA teammate Jalen Green whose high-flying dunks rocked the MOA Arena crowd.


“I came over here and didn’t expect much but this has been a very memorable trip for me,” said the 19-year old Clark.


Clark was awarded the Most Outstanding Player Award by none other the Robert Jaworski, the man dubbed, “the Living Legend”.


“I didn’t know about Mr. Jaworski but he was awful nice,” noted Clark. “It was an honor to be honest. And his words of encouragement – he told me to keep working hard and I might be able to see my NBA dream come true. This has been a pleasant trip, I’ll say.”


Team Heart broke a 75-all deadlock with a triple by Clark and a tip-in by Kai Sotto. Terence Fortea and Clark each drilled a pair of triples to stretch the lead to 90-82, 2:40 to play. Team Heart, coached by Topex Robinson and Joe Silva then coasted the rest of the way for the win.

The crowd waited with baited breath for the aerial exploits of Jalen Green whose three dunks, including one over Kai Sotto, had everyone jumping up and down.


“He had a tough time,” noted Clark of Green who finished with 11 points on 5-11 shooting.




No comments:

Post a Comment